How quickly the year has gone by! It’s definitely been an eventful one ✨
Among others, some of Omkara’s highlights include:
– Celebrating 40 years of Rehaswiss, a Swiss non profit which helps disabled people in India set up and manage their own small businesses
– Launching a brand new production and touring it in 3 wonderful cities
– Opening Namaste Geneva
– Workshops with visiting artistes
– Getting onto Facebook
– and Instagram (follow us at @omkaradancegeneva if you aren’t already 😄)
– Choreographing for the International School of Geneva
– And of course teaching and learning with our ever growing family of budding and established dancers
A big thank you to all of our friends, well-wishers and Omkara family for your support and being a part of our journey this year.
Most importantly, thanks to everyone’s hard work in making JALA – The Dance of Water a success, we have been able to raise Sfr 1000 for both Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation and Nanhi Kali, who work on water infrastructure and girl child education (respectively). Our contributions have been able to sponsor 14 girls in class 9 for a year!
Find out more about the Nanhi Kali project here: www.nanhikali.org
Wishing everyone a 2019 filled with love and light,