Omkara Dance, run by Sujatha Venkatesh is a Bharata Natyam school based in Geneva, Switzerland. Our website address is: https://www.omkara-dance.com/
DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS FOR WEBSITES OF https://www.omkara-dance.com/ IN ACCORDANCE WITH EU GUIDELINES OF THE GDPR
At https://www.omkara-dance.com/ , the privacy of our visitors is one of our main priorities. This data protection document explains how and what information is collected and recorded by this site, and how we use it.
The Cookies We Set
Like any other website, https://www.omkara-dance.com/ uses “cookies”. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. Some of the features on the website might not work correctly when cookies are not set.
1. Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
2. Language related cookies: This site uses a translation plug-in. For this to work, cookies might be set by these apps through our site to enable them to work.
Third Party Cookies
1. Google Analytics: This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
2. Social Media: We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with the social media network like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Whatsapp or Instagram in various ways. These are visible to you as icons or buttons on the site. These elements are inactive by default. By clicking on these, you activate them and the respective social networks may record that you are on our website and where on our website you are exactly and may use this information for their own purposes. This processing of your personal data is the responsibility of the respective social network and occurs according to their data protection regulations. We do not collect / receive any information about you from these social networks .Please check their respective privacy policies / data protection policies.
3. Others: This site may use Google icons internally in plugins. For these to work, cookies might be set by these apps through our site to enable them to work.
What we collect and store
We do not share or sell any information that has been collected via Contact Forms, we use this info to respond to your queries and for sending newsletter only.
We care about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
CONTACT FORM: If you contact us through our website contact form, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, personal information you knowingly provide us. This will be used to reply to the query raised through the Contact Form.
How long do we store your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. The Contact Form data is stored for 1 year.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who on our team has access
Only administrators of this site have access to the information you provide us.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this) or using the Reject All button on the Cookie Notice of our website. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through our Contact page.